This role is not currently available, but we’re keen to speak with people who want to learn more about working with Clive.
The Clive Approach
We believe that for live communication to be truly effective, brands need to engage with people, not talk at them. For us, it’s the difference between creating events and experiences.
Sometimes clients come to us with some pretty ambitious objectives like completely changing the perception of their brand or product, or altering the behaviours of their staff or customers. Some clients simply ask us for our event management know-how to help them get in front of people, build a buzz, celebrate or entertain. Whether a brand’s communications challenge is big or small, internal or external, our approach always starts at the end. We get to know the audience and the action our clients want the audience to take, then consider this in everything we do.
We’re committed to using original design, cutting-edge technology, unusual destinations, theatre, viral techniques and the kind of straight-talking language people are used to hearing, as a way of helping making communication memorable and effective.
Our solutions come in many forms but can be grouped together into the following categories:
- Conferences, exhibitions & awards
- Experiential events & launches
- Incentive travel programmes
- Team motivational activities & hospitality
- Digital & multimedia campaigns
We’re looking for a senior new business developer to join the Clive team in London to own our new business process, take overall responsibility for our UK new business target and be the proactive face of the agency within the industry.
This is a senior position within the business and as such the responsibilities of the HoBD are varied and wide-ranging and are not necessarily limited to sales and new business activities. It’s a role with SMT responsibilities and as such the HoBD will be expected to be an advisor and mentor within the agency.
- Take overall responsibility for the new business processes and activities of Clive in the UK
- Develop a strategy for new business development and lead generation, collaborating with different areas of the business to develop tools that generate new business opportunities and sales in line with Clive’s objectives and target industries
This may require you to;
- Work with the Marketing team to agree specific campaigns and content, then ensure timely and engaging follow-up with targeted clients
- Work with other Sales people within the business (e.g. Group Account Director, Head of Client Services, Ireland or some of our FIRST colleagues) to identify and profile target customers using either in-house or external resource such as researchers, appointment setters etc.
- Work with the event-venues.com team to identify their clients whose events are appropriate for other Clive services from Creative and Production to Content and Full Management. Also work with this team to identify future opportunities and present Clive credentials, maximising growth potential
- Work with the Creative, Concept Development and Operations teams to develop winning solutions and proposals to new briefs then lead the pitch of our solutions through to closing of sale
- Work with Account Directors to ensure smooth onboarding of new clients, ensuring the account teams and our service is shaped around the clients’ needs
- Work with the Group Account Director and Marketing team to develop client entertainment opportunities for new and existing clients
- Follow up new enquiries from the company’s website, working with the GAD and Account Directors to qualify briefs
- Develop a deep understanding of potential clients’ businesses and communications needs so that our team are best placed to device effective solutions
- Lead the company’s roster adoption process within Clive from RFI stage to secure preferred supplier status with new and existing clients
- Develop strategic industry relationships which could lead to referrals and new partnerships
- Represent Clive at industry events such as networking events, showcases or panel discussions
- Own the Clive credentials showcase; training new and existing team members on how to pitch our existing offering and new projects
- Be the face of new business within the agency ensuring the team are kept informed and motivated around our new sales efforts and that successes are celebrated
- Encourage people from across the agency to be inquisitive and proactive, owning and developing our employee incentive scheme for referrals
- Be an active SMT member and attend SMT meetings as appropriate, reporting on the general new business sales position and opportunities
- Be wholly responsible for a minimum new business development target of £400k GP arising from projects delivered within of your first 18 months of employment
- Ensure a minimum agreed % margin of GP is achieved for all new business sales
- Maintain all new business information on Clive’s CRM system
- Hold regular sales meetings and provide regular reporting