The Clive Approach
We believe that for live communication to be truly effective, brands need to engage with people, not talk at them. For us, it’s the difference between creating events and experiences.
Sometimes clients come to us with some pretty ambitious objectives like completely changing the perception of their brand or product, or altering the behaviours of their staff or customers. Some clients simply ask us for our event management know-how to help them get in front of people, build a buzz, celebrate or entertain. Whether a brand’s communications challenge is big or small, internal or external, our approach always starts at the end. We get to know the audience and the action our clients want the audience to take, then consider this in everything we do.
We’re committed to using original design, cutting-edge technology, unusual destinations, theatre, viral techniques and the kind of straight-talking language people are used to hearing, as a way of helping making communication memorable and effective.
Our solutions come in many forms but can be grouped together into the following categories:
- Conferences, exhibitions & awards
- Experiential events & launches
- Incentive travel programmes
- Team motivational activities & hospitality
- Digital & multimedia campaigns
Clive is a fast-paced agency, driven by delivering great ideas seamlessly for our clients. We’re a fun bunch and like to enjoy what we do – after all if we can’t enjoy it then how can we expect our clients to enjoy working with us. To define our culture we have a framework of values which underpin our business and we try to bring them to life through all areas of the business.
We also use them to define what our clients should expect of us and to set out our personality and tone of voice as an agency.
Please do refer to the ‘Being Clive’ pages on our website: https://cliveagency.com/about-us/
The New Business, Strategy & Insights team at Clive are a pivotal bunch within the agency. They’re the fountain of knowledge for all things experiential and brand strategy. They’re a mix of creative strategists, experience experts and consumer & brand analysts with a flair for research, challenging the brief and working with the creative team, venue sourcing, client services, production and operations to help build some of the most innovative, impactful and memorable live solutions for our clients.
They’re the team that’s responsible for receiving the brief, asking all the right questions and providing a strategic direction as well as assembling and guiding the pitch response team.
Also, they champion thought leadership, industry trends, event technology and innovation in live event communications. They’re a key part of the driving force behind pushing the boundaries of strategic thinking right across the agency.
This is a role for a creative and ambitious strategic thinker who is comfortable challenging the brief, fostering great relationships, producing original creative ideas and leading the charge in thought leadership for the agency.
This individual will have a joint responsibility for the conversion of new business opportunities. He/she will also lead the production of our proposals and pitches across the agency. This is an extremely important role with wide ranging responsibilities covering everything from driving the creative concept development, researching the brand/industry, championing innovative solutions, writing/developing marketing collateral (e.g. Industry Trends & White Papers). In addition, this individual will be a key member of large project/event teams, helping to craft the experiential journey for attendees – looking at the pre, during and post event phases.
- Take joint responsibility (with the relevant Account Director, Director or Head of New Business) for handling incoming new business enquiries
- Maximise all incoming new business opportunities by presenting Clive credentials and building relationships with clients.
- Be aware of and proactively seek other new business opportunities which will help achieve Clive’s growth plans and targets
- Work with the Head of Business Development and Managing Director to qualify all incoming opportunities and take overall responsibility for our response via the wider pitch/proposal team
- Work closely with the creative team to ensure our solutions are always fresh, innovative and on-brand for our clients
- Oversee the development and production of proposals and pitches – owning quality control across the team
- Act as lead content developer/ writer on major proposals
- Produce budgets in line with the project requirements
- Produce Statement of Work/ contracts/ payment terms when projects are confirmed
- Work with Senior Account Manager(s) & Account Directors in Client Services, Creative, Production, Venues and Operations to manage delegation and tracking of workload and hours
- Drive the weekly new business pitch/ proposals meetings to plan for the workload and deadlines of the week ahead
- Ensure that budget owners are allocating resources for Head of Strategy, Strategic AD and/or Creative Strategist where relevant (as well as all other departments)
- Provide support, guidance and training to extended members of the Client Services teams in the development & writing of pitches/proposals
- Work with the Head of Strategy on key research projects, initiatives and proposals to help support both Clive marketing and client proposals.
- Be the face of Clive at Industry events, conferences and owned events so to maximise the opportunities for showcasing Clive’s experiential event and creative solutions while growing new & existing relationships
- Manage and recruit junior account managers, research analysts and creative strategists where and as required
- Be focused on always developing relationships with new & existing key clients, suppliers and key stakeholders while acting as a Clive brand ambassador to the company at all times
- Increase win-rate ratio across new business & client services proposals
- Be a champion of quality and standards of delivery across all proposals
- Help lead the thought leadership of Clive marketing communications
- Assist in the management and development of growing team, working along with the Head of Strategy
- Ambitious and target-driven with a passion for converting the opportunity.
- Experience producing large-scale solutions for communications conferences, incentives, launches and experiential events
- Creative with an eye for design and current trends
- An excellent creative writer with an eagle eye for detail
- Experience producing complex international budgets & timelines
- Experience of international destinations and C&IT industry generally
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Confident and natural presenter with experience leading pitches to clients of all levels
- Ability to communicate and consult effectively to help influence decisions at the most senior corporate levels
- Able to embrace and operate within the Clive values – https://cliveagency.com/about-us/
- Proven experience of developing a team
- IT Literate – (Microsoft, G suite, InDesign and project management software packages)